Skipper Peter Van Oosten aboard the $iphon won the Wheel for Waterford Yacht Club. Congratulations Peter and his crew!
The Waterford Yacht Club Regatta, benefiting the Lighthouse Charity Team, is scheduled for October 1, 2016, and The Wheel, the newest trophy on the Bay, is up for grabs. Last year The Wheel was won by Tim Vogelsang, representing Lakewood Yacht Club. It’s another year, however, and members of any Galveston Bay-area chartered yacht club can compete to take The Wheel home to their club trophy case. Frankly, this race isn’t for everyone. It’s just for those competitors who think they might know a thing or two about sailing on Galveston Bay that will give them an advantage.
|Count down to Race Start
-2706Days -12Hours -9Minutes -28Seconds
What, Where & When
Pursuit Race of approximately 10 mile course on Galveston Bay
October 1, 2016 ; Start times beginning at 1:00 PM CDT Entry Fee : $110
Note : the Entry Fee is considered a tax deductible donation as all proceeds of the regatta benefit Lighthouse Charity Team ( http://lighthousecharityteam.com/ )
How to Register for the Regatta
There will be two options – The Regatta will leverage Regatta Network to manage online registration as well as registrant tracking and race management. Manual registration is also an option as it has been in the past. Please note that if you opt to register online, there is no need to manually fill out the registration form below.
Regardless of registration method, you will need to download and sign the Waiver which can be downloaded below or from the online registration site.
Race Instructions will be provided at Skipper’s Meeting on September 24th, 2016
- Online Registration
- Manual Registration via the forms below and follow the process steps
Manual Registration Process
- Download and complete the Registration Form & Waiver Form
- If paying by cash/check you can either drop off at Waterford Harbor Marina office (care of Waterford Yacht Club), mail to: Waterford Yacht Club 800 Mariners Drive Kemah, TX 77565 or bring to the Skipper’s meeting at Sundance Grill II on Saturday, September 24th 6:00 p.m.
- Be sure to review and sign the Waiver Form as the Skipper and ensure all crew review and sign the form as well.
- Bring Waiver Form to the Skipper’s Meeting along with any PHRF rating information deemed necessary.
Race Forms for manual download & registration
Regatta Sponsors – Coming Soon
Charity Event Information
Post Regatta Shrimp Boil, Live Music, Silent Auction & Live Auction to Benefit Lighthouse Charity Team.
Where & When
Waterford Harbor Marina
October 1, 2016, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Where to get Charity Event Tickets – Coming Soon
Event Sponsors – Coming Soon